We’re currently not accepting applications for new writers. But if you’d like to send a speculative application, we’d be happy to keep your CV on file.
Wordtree needs people who are keen to get stuck in, share ideas and know-how – and support their colleagues. You might be near to the beginning of your career or you might have more experience. Either way, you’ll need to have the attitude that there’s always more to learn and that working hard and having a go is the way to do it.
We need you to be:
- Interested and eager to improve – whatever level of experience you’ve achieved. You’ll be an avid reader, listener to podcasts, and sharer of trends and views with our clients and with your colleagues
- Flexible – you could be rewriting a policy document in the morning and helping to create an FMCG tone of voice in the afternoon
- Passionate – we need you to care about brand, ideas and creating the best possible copy for our clients
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-channel – we support our clients across a range of channels and activities, from creating brand, tone of voice and guidelines through to writing speeches, brochures, scripts, social media content and more, so we need you to be able to turn your hand to different things
- Un-precious – we work as a team, we challenge each others’ work and we celebrate each others’ successes
- OK to travel – our clients are all over the UK, Europe and North America, so travel can be part of the job
- Adaptable – there is no room for divas on our team. Everyone makes coffee, everyone helps with admin, everyone gets involved in idea generation and everyone’s responsible for keeping our space tidy
- A pitching-in attitude – you need to be happy proofreading, laying out basic PowerPoint slides, creating stimulus for training and anything else that helps us get the work done
If you are these things too, bonus:
- A hugely experienced copywriter who’s worked at strategic level with recognised brands
- An experienced trainer
- If you’ve also got brand strategy experience, great
What we’re like
We’re a small team that packs a real punch. We’re trusted by large, international companies to offer advice, communications strategies, tone of voice and brand strategy – and of course, copy. Our work involves deep thinking, copywriting, strategy and training. We take our work very seriously – but we’re a decent bunch of supportive people.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days’ leave + ability to buy extra week
- Gym membership
- Free tea, coffee, cakes and magazines
- The opportunity to work at the cutting edge of our profession
We know that we’re a more successful organisation when our team is made up of people with different experiences of the world. So please do come and add your experiences to ours – we can’t wait to hear all about you.
Find out more
This role can be based in Cardiff or the Heads of the Valleys, South Wales. To learn more about us, visit www.wordtree.com. To find out more, email email@example.com with your CV and tell us about your relevant experience and your approach.